Current discussions and professional learning opportunities are posted on our Facebook page. Please join this group to receive updates:
The ACTA International Conference will be held in Adelaide, South Australia from 2-5 October 2018. The theme of the conference is 'English language learning in a mobile world'. ATESOL NSW is sponsoring presenters who have submitted an application via our association. For other members, please visit the conference website to register. You are eligible for the discounted rate:
The 2018 ATESOL NSW Symposium: 'Differentiation in the EAL/D Classroom' will be held at Fairfield RSL Club on Tuesday, 26th June. This symposium aims to guide and support teachers of EAL/D learners in mainstream classes both in school and post-secondary settings. It will explain how the choice of classroom content, processes and products can be inclusive of the English language needs of EAL/D learners and will demonstrate programs that provide explicit language learning support across the curriculum.
ATESOL NSW welcomes all teachers/educators of EAL/D students to our FREE Teach Meet events (N.B. 15/02/18: same date, two locations):
▪ Thursday, 15th February: Fairfield High School, 3:30-5:30pm
▪ Thursday, 15th February: Hurstville Public School, 4:00-5:30pm
▪ Thursday, 1st March: Mascot Public School, 3:30-5:00pm
▪ Friday, 16th March: Beverley Hills Intensive English Centre, 4:00-5:30pm
▪ Thursday, 22nd March: Willoughby Girls' High School, 3:45-5:00pm
No need to register--just come along on the day for professional learning and networking. Refreshments will be provided.